Cancer Care: Prashanti
We are committed to help you fight cancer. The Indian Cancer Society works with the Prashanti Centre to provide healing therapies, as well as a Resource Directory to help you find the information and services you need, including:
- Places to stay
- Palliative care
- Diagnostic centres
- Financial aid
- Emotional support
1/70 Vikram Vihar,
New Delhi 110 024
(Nearest Metro: Moolchand)
The Prashanti Centre for Healing Therapies is a one of a kind non-profit organization offering free, non-intrusive cancer therapies to patients. Prashanti embraces a holistic approach to provides supportive, complementary cancer care help patients feel better physically, psychologically, and socially. The Indian Cancer Society, Delhi, started these services thanks to the Lala Diwan Chand Trust.
- Prashanti encourages a serene return to normal living after cancer.
- Working with ICS, this is a Centre for Healing Therapies. Patients and survivors are encouraged to explore various therapies and choose the one that best improves their quality of life.
- Therapies include but are not limited to: Pranayama, Yoga, Laughter Therapy, Reflexology, Massage, Visualization, and Acupressure.
- Prashanti has recently added a diagnostic facility offering Bone Densitometry Monday-Friday at its premises at 11/70 Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.
- Services are offered at no profit.
- Prashanti is also home to a Child Nutrition programme. Children (and parents) can have a hot, home-cooked meal every Tuesday.
- ICS also works with AIIMS to offer supplementary food protein to children, as recommended by their pediatricians.
Prashanti Breast Cancer Care
ICS believes breasts are much more than just mammary organs. Women can face emotional and sexual trauma when a breast is removed. To support women, ICS’ Breast Rehab Unit at the Prashanti Healing Centre provides:
- Bras and light prosthesis (fitted by professionals) are distributed free of cost
- Quality silicon prosthesis are available at a highly subsidized cost – details on enquiry
- A lymphedema press is available to provide relief to women with swollen arms post-mastectomy
- Awareness literature for young women
- Bead necklaces advocating understanding breast lumps in different shapes
- Regular breast awareness training workshops