Cancer Support: Sahyog
Celebrating 25 years of service in 2016
Cancer Sahyog is a support group for people living with cancer that has been working with ICS since 1991. Our volunteers attend clinics at 10 leading hospitals in Delhi/NCR.
- Cancer Sahyog is the founding organization of an all-India movement of Cancer Care organizations.
- It was founded by a cancer survivor and all of the volunteer members have personally experienced cancer.
- Volunteers actively listen, share their experiences, and provide literature, helpful suggestions, and tips regarding the side effects of treatment. They also facilitate communication between patients, families, and health professionals.
- Most important, volunteers, all of whom have had a close personal encounter with cancer, offer hope.
- ICS Cancer Sahyog’s annual Seminar addresses important issues for cancer survivors.
- Cancer Survivors Day is a Celebration of Life, emphasizing the beauty of life after cancer. It is celebrated on the second Saturday in February at Delhi’s fun hot-spot Dilli Haat.
- In 2015-16, ICS Delhi was the Implementation Partner of the NDTV Fortis Cancerthon for Child Patients, which raised Rs 72 lakhs for children with cancer. Funds are distributed equitably to 38 children in Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Chennai. The Fund continues to accept funds and to support this all-India initiative.
- Declaration of Rights of People with Cancer
- Emotional Support – How Cancer Sahyog can help
- Meet Sahyog Volunteers
Cancer Sahyog Financial Assistance
Cancer Sahyog offers financial assistance in deserving cases. Financial assistance of over Rs 30 lakhs per year is given to patients in need. All financial aid is collected through donations.
To apply for financial assistance, please fill out the Medical Assistance Form and submit the following documentation to email@example.com or in person at
86/1, G.F, Shahpur Jat,
- Necessary Documentation:
- Completed Medical Assistance form
- Income certificate / BPL card / Affidavit
- Copy of Hospital OPD Card
- Estimated cost of treatment
- 4 passport size photo
- Voter ID or Aadhar Card
CITY-SPECIFIC SUPPORT GROUPS