Indian Cancer Society firmly believes that Cancer neither begins nor ends in a Hospital. Prashanti was conceived as a Healing Centre, offering Complimentary Therapies to help former patients & Survivors to return to a new normal.
Complimentary therapy is non-invasive therapy, where no medicine of any kind is administered. Yoga, Laughter therapy, Reflexology etc are Complementary therapies. They heal without invading the body. They invigorate & refresh.
Alternative therapy, on the other hand is as the name suggests alternative to the Hospital based treatment modes. Ayurveda, Unani medicine, Siddha, all claim to cure cancer. However, there are no research studies that stand up to rigorous analysis & testing. In recent years, Dr. Nagendra has set up an Institute in Bangalore, which has taken the onus of proving Indian traditional medicine. The Govt of India’s AYUSH Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) program also seeks to undertake research & advocacy.
We are committed to help you fight cancer. The Indian Cancer Society Prashanti Healing & Rehab Centre seeks to provide healing therapies, as well as a comprehensive Breast Cancer Rehab Unit, offering Arm Care, & Medical Bra’s & Prosthesis for those who require it.
The Prashanti Centre for Healing Therapies is a one of a kind non-profit organization offering free, non-intrusive cancer therapies to patients. Prashanti embraces a holistic approach to provides supportive, complementary cancer care help patients feel better physically, psychologically, and socially. The Indian Cancer Society, Delhi, started these services thanks to the Lala Diwan Chand Trust.
Prashanti encourages a serene return to normal living after cancer.
- Prashanti encourages a serene return to normal life after cancer.
- ICS Centre of Healing Therapies.
- Patients and survivors are encouraged to explore various therapies and choose the one that best improves their quality of life.
- Therapies include but are not limited to: Pranayama, Yoga, Laughter Therapy, Reflexology, Massage, Visualization, and Acupressure.
- Reflexology involves applying gentle pressure to the feet or hands to produce changes in pain and other benefits by stimulating the energy pathways of the body.
- Services are offered at no profit.
- Prashanti is also home to a Child Nutrition programme. Children (and parents) can have a hot, home-cooked meal every Tuesday courtesy donations from generous patrons.
- ICS also works with AIIMS, RGCI&RC, DSCI, & CNBC to offer supplementary food protein to children, as recommended by their pediatricians.
- Parent Counseling is also available as part of therapy.
- Young volunteers from Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University aid in various activities and events as part of their Social Health Initiatives